Ubiquity - A New Extension For FireFox 3 Users
For those of you who have made the switch to superior web browser Firefox, and are using its most up to date version, a new super-duper extension has been released full of innovative ideas.
Ubiquity is an add-on that could make using the web much, much easier. Once installed, Ubiquity lets you:
- select copy and images from a web page and pop them in a new email (if using GMail) straight from that web page
- find and insert maps into emails, rather than sending just a link
- translate foreign text directly in the page you are looking at
- edit a web page’s content
- delete HTML elements from a page
- search a plethora of seach engines and Wikipedia for highlighted text from a web page
- tons more stuff we haven’t discovered yet.
It’s still in Alpha release, so expect bugs, but after playing around with it we can report it’s well worth investigating and has great potential.
If you give it a whirl, why not let us know what you think in our comments?