Cats: Uncategorized |
February 4th, 2009
As a publicly acclaimed expert on web 2.0 and social networking (well, we get a mention in this Daily Post article), it would be remiss of us not to highlight this article we came across.
Ten Privacy Settings Every Facebook User Should Know is a great piece that looks at how you can still get the benefits of Facebook without sacrificing every aspect of your private life to the interwebs.
The article shows you how to:
- Use Your Friend Lists
- Remove Yourself From Facebook Search Results
- Remove Yourself From Google
- Avoid the Infamous Photo/Video Tag Mistake
- Protect Your Albums
- Prevent Stories From Showing Up in Your Friends’ News Feeds
- Protect Against Published Application Stories
- Make Your Contact Information Private
- Avoid Embarrassing Wall Posts
- Keep Your Friendships Private
All good, sound advice, and well worth following to make the experience safer and more enjoyable. Unless you don’t care who sees what, in which case we say, ‘go crazy!’
Make Liverpool Chamber your Facebook friend. Or the kitten gets it.