Cats: Charity |
June 2nd, 2010
Start: Thursday 1 Jul 2010
Time: 12:00 - 16:30
Charities are finding it increasingly harder to collect payment of pledges their supporters have made.
To help improve the cash flow for charities Liverpool Chamber of Commerce has joined up with Credit Management Group UK who have designed a training course aimed to train fundraisers on how to collect payment in a way that doesn’t taint the relationship with their sponsors.
At the end of this training course, fundraisers will be more confident in tackling outstanding pledges, have a strategy in place to contact supports and have standard letters to send out to supporters:
- Attributes required to effectively negotiate payment
- Telephone collections: Overcoming objections, negotiating and closing calls
- Negotiating techniques: How to get paid more quickly without effecting the relationship with the supporter
- Active listening: How to use effective listening skills to influence the supporter
- Using leverage to get paid: Using the charities mission effectively as leverage
- Collection Letters: Impact, wording and timing
- Collection Strategy
“We found the course very informative and specifically tailored to meet the needs of a charity. It was delivered in an informal and humorous manner, whilst at the same time remaining very professional.”
Janine Drew - Fundraising Manager, Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.
SkillWorks funding may be available to help (up to 60% funding) is available for eligible companies. Contact Blue Orchid 0151 284 7728 for more information.
Member fee: £90
Non-member fee: £90